Friday, May 11, 2018



Welcome to the 
Far East Blog Hop

May is Asian Pacific American Heritage Month (APAHM), celebrating the achievements and contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.

This is a blog hop featuring projects inspired by the Asian culture. Join us as we celebrate Asian Pacific American Heritage!

You should have arrived from From my talented friend  Connie- http://conniecancrop.blogspot.com but if not,
Connie Can Crop is the beginning of this fun filled hop! 

This is a one day blog hop, but you have until Sunday at 10pm to finish hopping and leaving your love for all of these talented crafters.


We have an awesome sponsor for this hop!!

One lucky winner is going to win 4 dies from Cheapo Dies!!

What do you need to do to win? Easy... become  a follower of each of the fabulous blogs in this hop and leave each of them a comment letting them know what you like best about their projects.

You will have until 10 pm Sunday to finish the hop and leave your comments on every blog to be eligible to win. 
Winners will be announced on Wednesday 5/16/18 at Connie Can Crop.
Be sure to follow everyone and leave a comment along the way!






Thanks for joining us. I wanted to do so many things but unfortunately time got away from me. So what I do have for you are two projects. The first is a sign I made any guess to what it means...


Ok  I will give you a few hints











Give up? The correct answer is Fish Room is Japaneses. As you can tell we have a fish room in our basement. It is Also my craft room/ office and my husband game room / office . If I'm stressing or need to take a brake from life or just can't think of anything to work on all I do is turn around and look at fish. We even have Goldfish I know not Koi but the closest we can get for now they are on the floor in the big tank in the last picture.
For my last project I did a coloring page I found from google search. I could not figure out what color to color the Koi so I left him black and white. I love how this turned out.


Next hop on over to Sue- https://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Here's our line up in case you get lost along the way.

29 comments:

  1. WOW!! Lots of fish!!

    Sue
    suek86401.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute and wow you have lots of fish, we have a koi pond

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we get our own place we will be making a koi pond. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of fish. Now you have a great sign for your room. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW my husbnad would be in love with that room...great project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks . We love it. Will be bigger when we get our own place.

      Delete
  5. Love the sign and your craft project - the black and white koi is perfect. Guess you don't have cats - haha!

    sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sign! Looks like it was well expressed - that's a lot of fish tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. I'm going to be working on layouts. I want to do one for each tank.

      Delete
  8. Hooray! I guessed fish room before I got to the bottom of the page! I would love to have a fish room, I only have a small tank with one fish. I really like the coloring page too! Great coloring!

    Hugs,
    Chriss
    chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we move we will have a bigger fish room and I can't wait for that. We just added another fish tank a new Betta joined the family today. Thanks I'm getting into adult coloring books and enjoy looking for them.

      Delete
  9. I love your coloring on both projects. That's a lot of fish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, when I saw the photos of the aquariums I thought it was a pet store. How amazing to have so many fish! Your Koi project is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wish I had a store but I think it would be hard to get rid of any of the fish lol

      Delete
  11. I thought the sign might say No Fishing, lol! That's a lot of fish there and the sign is adorable. Your koi card is also beautiful and I like that you left the koi in black and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I should make a no fishing sign. Might have to figure out how to do one now. Thank you.

      Delete
  12. Shannon, your projects are super cool but I am blown away by all your tanks!!! My family always had fish while growing up and I have continued. The most I have ever had going is 4, I am just in awe! I only have one set up currently with only one fish left a pretty old Plecostomus but he lives with two yellow bellied sliders that are about 6 in a 55. At first I thought you owned a fish store!!! I am just amazed! thanks for sharing!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love our room. I enjoy looking around and seeing all of our fin babies. So peacefully and relaxing when I'm having a bad day.

      Delete
  13. WOW!!!! So many fish!!!!! Happy Mother's Day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool sign and coloring page. I like the Idea of having a fish Room. So relaxing. Tfs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't always get stuff done lol. To busy looking at the fish.

      Delete
  15. Wow! That's a lot of fish! I'd be so happy in your fish room. I love it! And love that sign but sure hope you pay someone to clean all those tanks. Lol. Thanks for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish room is my double happy place. My craft room and fish. No paying anyone it's me and my husband that clean rhem. Thanks. I'm glad to be back.

      Delete